Monday, December 29, 2008

I've Been Keeping a Secret

It became obvious to me that by telling all the inter-world we found a house before we had a fully ratified contract angered the Housing Gods who then caused everything to unravel purely for spite.

(What? That doesn't make sense? I disagree. It makes complete irrational sense.)
Now that the "thumbs up" has been giving by the "Housing Gods"... we're buying a house!!

I know. I can't believe it either.

News came today that we now have a fully ratified contract and our closing date is 1/9/09. And let me tell you there's nothing like cutting it close, we have to be out of our apartment by 1/14/09. Between the cleaning, painting, fixing and moving - we will be a very tired couple. Luckily, I had taken that week off with hopes that we would be moving.

More information later, right now we are in Florida for Christmas and having a wonderful time. If it wasn't for that whole having to go back to work in Virginia thing, I would never leave ever again.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

WTF?!?!?! Really?

That is all I'm going to say about this.

When I showed this to Matt, his statement was - "that's really messed up. Congrats, BK, you've outcreepied yourself again"

I have to agree.

Just ew.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Reason I Married Him

How many times have you come home from work after a 13 hour bad day with really sore feet to find this?Today was my day.

Dinner (salad w/steak and homemade onion soup) on the table with a foot soak at my feet.
This is what I wearily came home to find, all set up and waiting for me by my perfect husband.

Feel free to be jealous, I know I married Mr. Perfect.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Screeeeeeeeeech – CRASH!

That, my friends, was the sound of a house deal hitting a very thick brick wall. Matt and I have decided to walk away from this property due to lack of positive feedback from the lister as well as the bank who owns the property. At this point, it feels more like a cat and mouse game and we are the mice. When we do get information, it is contradictory to something we've been told previously, or it seems to have an underlying "if-and-or but" involved that makes us very uncomfortable. After speaking with our agent, who is equally uncomfortable/concerned, we have decided to put this deal on the back burner and consider it a lost cause unless something changes that makes this deal seem MUCH less shady.****

Before we go any further, lets all put our bad-attitudes on. Follow me people -
HMPH!, kick at the ground, roll eyes, cross arms indignantly, shift weight to one foot and start tapping the other.

Ok, now that that is out of the way. Back to the drawing board we go, with 6 weeks left before we have to be out of our apartment – including the 2 weeks that we will be in Florida for Christmas.

(Feel free to freak out right along with us)

What makes this whole situation much worse, there isn't anything new in our price range that we haven't looked at and scratched off the list for one reason or another. We either have to settle for something that doesn't really work for us or, extend our lease (if possible) on our apartment and continue to live out of boxes, or win the lottery and not have to live within a budget. (I'm feeling this last option is the most likely to happen. You agree?)

****Update: We are thinking of offering them a "this is how its going to be" ammendment to the contract. If they agree to it, we will move forward, if not, we will walk. I'm not hopeful.