Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Great House Coaster


OY! It's a good thing we like rollercoaster rides because this whole house buying experience has been quite a ride.

Here's how our day went. (keep in mind our closing is tomorrow)

Early Morning: I woke up much later than I had planned and barely made it to work on time. That should have been my first clue that today was going to be one of "those" days.
10:30 am: Appraisal came in (late) and is $8500 less than the agreed to selling price.
WHAM-O!
12:30 pm: Sent an appraisal contingency notice and a copy of the appraisal to the seller.
wait wait wait
2:40 pm: Our agent wrote up a addendum that we signed in hopes the seller would agree to the change in price and we would be ready.
wait wait wait wait DIE wait wait wait wait
6:00 pm: The seller agreed to the price drop, (WOO HOO, die again) our agent faxed over the addendum we prepared in advance
(I heart our agent!)
6:42 pm: The seller signed the addendum and sent it back. (if thats not a record, I don't know what is)

7:19 pm: Our lender and the title company notified us that they will be working late to make the changes and be ready for closing tomorrow but requested that we give them a couple of extra hours tomorrow.

SO! If everything runs smoothly tomorrow, we will be closing at 4pm on our new home. I feel better, but I am still a bit cautious. I won't relax until we have the keys in our hands.

I might be entirely too exhausted to be excited or I may have really died, I'm not really sure anymore. This has been one wild ride and right now, I know I feel a lot like this.


3 comments:

Delora said...

Breathe!!

It's great that the seller agreed to the lower price so easily. Definitely good house karma for you. And, oh yeah, congrats!

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed for you- I'm just very happy that everything has seemed to work out so far.

If I wasn't on my stupid diet plan, I'd have a few beer for you today after work. :)

Hopefully you'll post an update around 430ish to let us know if you have keys in hand...

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

What an insane day.