Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wheels


So, a while back, I mentioned that I was getting a new car in November. I asked for advice and got some very good feedback. Want to know what I got?


I knew the Chrysler could work for us and you all know how I loved my 300. It was safe and sturdy and we could all fit. (We packed it up to the gills and drove it to Florida so I know it could hold some serious stuff!). However, I knew we needed to keep our options open and consider all possibilities. So when my Dad asked me to check out the Dodge Journey, I did. I liked it. It rode nice, was comfortable, had all sorts of neat options and hidden compartments and Matt could actually sit comfortably in it. I knew it would also be good fit for us.

Now I was torn between what I wanted and what I needed. Ultimately, I left the decision up to my Father. He knows what I like (I bought the Chrysler w/o ever laying eyes on it!) and what I'll need, plus the way deals/offers change, I knew he would get me the best deal.

So, what did he get me? One of these. A 2010 Dodge Journey.


This color too, which is a change for me as I realized that all the cars I've ever owned have either been silver or some shade of blue. I've had it for a month now and I'm really pleased with it. Because my Dad was able to get a great deal on this one for me, I was able to get some bonus options that I normally would not be willing to pay for. For instance, remote start is something I'm really enjoying especially
being quite adverse to these cold weather days. It also has dual climate control (there's now a neat little storm front between Matt and I because he likes the cold and I like it toasty), heated front seats, a 30gig harddrive, satellite radio, a USB port to load up music and pictures, and an actual electrical outlet.

We decided to lease this vehicle as it worked in our favor to buy the car at the end of the lease than to buy the car initially. All the options that are on it will make it a nice long term vehicle that I can see myself enjoying for quite a while. And although I miss my 300* , I'm having fun in my bright red crossover Mommy mobile.

--------
* in case you're wondering why I have a strong and weird attachment to the 300-it not only was a really nice and neat car to have, it was also my Dads gift to me for graduating college with my Chemical Engineering degree.

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

It actually looks kind of cool. I am jealous of the satellite radio.