Sunday, December 6, 2009

Red Ring of Death

We have an Xbox 360, or I should say we had an Xbox 360. Matt played the thing constantly and we watched the occasional movie on it. Recently, its begun to give us trouble - locking up, screeching noises when the tray opened, it wouldn't read the disks, etc. Last night, it gave us the red ring of death. The end had come.


I was hoping it would give us a few more months before giving up the ghost but it just couldn't hold out with the constant use. I can't complain. We've more than gotten our moneys worth out of that box. It had been lovingly abused for 4 years. I was just hoping we could recoup from having a child and me taking 2 months off before we dished out any money on anything other than necessities. And no, I don't think we need a gaming system. We could surely live with out it however, Matt is home all day with Stella*, keeps the house clean, makes dinner and keeps me straight. That system was his hobby. His break. His "get away from it all" distractor. I couldn't say no.

So now we are the proud owners of a PlayStation 3. And I am enjoying watching my man and our little girl play video games together.


*By the way, he's doing a fan-tab-ulous job as a stay at home Dad - just like I knew he would.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such an adorable picture!! Funny too, but mainly adorable! Stella looks like she's really into the game! :)

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Of course he's doing a great job. Does he like the PS3 more than the xbox?

Jen said...

Ah, the PS3 - that was my engagement gift to Corey. While I lost him for a while to his games, I don't regret it one bit. I enjoy the movies that I can watch on it, and it's easier to use than our DVD player. Luckily, the price has come down.