Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend in Pictures

Saturday:
Farmers Market














Where I filled up my new bag (all the way from Russia) with fresh yummy fruits and veggies.

House Hunting:
Where we actually found something we love... lets all cross our fingers that this works in our favor!
Out for exercise with:













Sunday:
Wisked off to a cabin in West Virginia where

we enjoyed lunch at this park
we wandered through a quiant town that apparently has a problem with alcoholic beverages, with an emphasis on BEER (I take offense...)I sat around my very first camp fire**and made my very first S'mores
with some very cool people
and dog...
**It's comforting to know that misquitoes in WV love me just as much as the ones in Florida.


Monday:
Slept late then went to this park

where I went hiking for the first time
Where I learned that these are not hiking shoes because I did this** while climbing down here

but I saw this










and this fine specimen too

**and other various bruises and scratches

5 comments:

Delora said...

My weekend started off the same as yours (trip to the Burke FM), but then devolved into a pressure-washing frenzy as we did our deck, patio, gas grill, driveway and all of the siding and gutters on the house. I would have preferred your weekend - I love hiking! Weather was great, too. It sounds like you guys had a blast.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Your first campfire? Ever?

Don't the bonfires in high school count? A little?

Reba said...

No really... your first campfire?! Looks like you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

I recognize the bag( glad you like it. I bought it in the Kremlin Moscow) I also recognize the Farmer's Market (unless this is a new one)that is a really neat place. Great pictures!!! Of a great Weekend!
Good news about your loan and Matt's part time job Woohoo!!!
Mom L

Anonymous said...

I love the story by picture deal! What scenery though- and while I'm sorry you got a boo boo, I hope that doesn't mean you'll never go hiking again.