Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wedding Tid-bits #2

My Mom and Dad visited last night for dinner with Matt's parents. It is so hard to get them out since they have such conflicting work schedules, but we found a day that worked for everyone after much planning.We had a fantastic time, lots of laughing and story telling and the food was wonderful and so not on the diet!

My Mom also brought my dress so we could do another fitting.
And Wow! my diet is working! We fit the top 2 weeks ago and she's already having to take it in almost 2 inches. Can I tell you how excited I am! Seriously, much dancing around was happening after she told me that!

WOOT! Go me! Go me!

As for the dress itself, I can't tell you much about it since this is 'my big secret', but I can tell you that it is outstanding. (I'll give you the story of the dress after the wedding, I promise). All she has left is to finish decorating the top with beading and such and put in the zipper. I will then take everything to the cleaners for a final clean and get it back in time to do one last fitting a couple weeks before the wedding. Thankfully, my mom has made the dress so that final adjustments should be fairly quick and simple.

Have I told you how much it rocks to have such a talented Mom? No? Well, consider yourself told. It so rocks!

As for other wedding stuff, we are for the most part, done planning this gathering. The music, decor, flowers have all been decided upon. The invitations are all out (well, almost all) and the responses are slowly coming back. The Mother's have their outfits. The ushers, Fathers and groomsmen have all been fitted for their tuxes and the bridesmaids have their dresses. My appointments for hair and make-up are all in place and well, I'm feeling pretty relaxed. Other than a few minor things such as a second not-yet-scheduled meeting with the caterer for a final tasting and a final meeting with the DJ - we're done.

Finally, for your viewing pleasure, a few pictures of me working on my veil during my last visit to my parents. My oldest nephew, Michael, was trying to help - actually, he was trying to get me to stop 'playing with my toys' so I could play 'transformers' with him.

2 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Tell me about this diet...

Anonymous said...

Seriously - can you share this secret diet? Congrats on having to get the top taken in 2 inches!