Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wedding Tid-bits


I hab a code. (translation: I have a cold)
For the second time in a month.
I gave it to Matt last week, but he didn't want it and gave it back.
Meany.
*Snort, sniff, sneeze, snort*
Anyhoo, on with the wedding stuff.

We have finally finished the registries (I think). We are registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond as well as Walmart. You can also find links in the left hand side bar under "Wedding Links". There isn't a whole heck of a lot that we need. We've been co-habitating for so long, we've acquired most everything, but we did find a few things we would like to have or needs replacing.

This past Tuesday, Matt and I met with the caterer for our first tasting. And Oh! was it some yummy stuff. We've already picked 1 entree and 1 vegetable we want. Matt wants to schedule another tasting to try a few more things and then we'll make a final decision. (I just think he wants another free dinner and I don't blame him! That stuff was gooooooooooooooood!)

My Mom is furiously working on my dress which is coming right along. So far, my vision is coming together nicely. This past weekend, we spent several hours in a fabric store. At one point, my Dad called and we had this conversation:

Dad: Where are you?
Me: At the fabric store with Mom.
Dad: Are you having fun?
Me: As much fun as one can have in a fabric store.
Dad: Yeh, but this is Disneyland for your Mother. You know that, right?

Yes, I do know that. She's been waiting all her life for this. Sewing is her "thing". Her way of calming down, relaxing, and having fun
. She's extremely good at it (although we can't seem to convince her of it). So far, things are looking FANTASTIC!

I daresay we are almost done planning this shin-dig. Sure, we still have some lose ends to tie up, but the bulk of this wedding is planned. It's just the little stuff we're working on now. It's almost over, right? RIGHT?!?!

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

How much fun can one have at a fabric store.

Someday you should have Gabe tell you his JoAnne Fabrics story. It isn't a fun story.