Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Ok, maybe not. I'm driving. I will be leaving the 14th of March for Virginia. I officially start my new job on the 17th. I had originally planned to stay at least another week, but it just wasn't going to work with their orientation schedule. So, off I go. I will be leaving before Matt gets back from his Vegas Bachelor party so he will not be driving up with me and I will not get a chance to say good-bye. I plan on stopping in S.C. to stay overnight before venturing on as I've never driven this distance by myself and don't want to try it all at once the first time. I've bought a portable GPS, which I should be getting tomorrow, for the drive up and to help me learn the area.

I'm just a wee-bit frazzled. I have tons to do. Cleaning out closets and dressers, packing clothes that I will be taking with me and making sure I have what I need for the weather and the job. Not to mention cleaning out things we don't need any longer or packing the things that can be packed now (books & cds, etc). I still have some wedding stuff to do - really, it's just making sure that some things are solidly in place. Although, I still haven't heard from the caterer (after several calls) or the DJ - HUFF! Oh! And we have to get our marriage license before I leave (forgetting that would baaaaaaaaaaad). Whatever else pops up, Matt is perfectly capable of handling and I trust him.

Also, and most importantly, I must go to Publix before I leave and buy at least 6 gallons of their "Diet Sweet Tea." I am addicted to the stuff (not to mention the store) and I am sure I will not survive without it. I will go into a favorite grocery store withdrawl just like Sarah did, I'm sure. I will also need employ someone to occassionally buy me a stash of Publix tea and send it up to me (I will pay, of course). Any takers?

I don't know where I'll be staying yet. Either at Sarah's house or the Corporate Housing. I think the first month will be in the housing they offered me and then I will move into Sarah's for 2-3 months until we find a house and Matt moves up with the Critter Crew. Right now, Matt will probably be coming up sometime in July. It will be a lonely few months without him, but this is what we must do to get where we need to be. I'm glad I have friends already up there though, it makes moving without him easier.

Well, off to work I go...

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Come to my house!

You will love the GPS.

Also, I always stop in Fayetteville, NC. They have a ton of hotels off of one of the exits and it is just beyond half way.