Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tid-Bits #2

Random comment heard today as I perused dresses at JCPenny's:

Woman to her Friend: "You gotta hold 'em like you hold an Ox".

My eyes got THIS BIG and I thought, WOW! I heard that all wrong. Then she said it again and it was exactly what I heard. I had to leave the area for fear of demonstration and I was starting to laugh...nervously.
_____________________________________________

Why didn't any of you remind me to shop for dresses for the honeymoon? Huh? I completely forgot about clothes for the honeymoon with all the last minute wedding stuff going on. I'll have to raid Sarah's closet or she will be forced to go frantic shopping with me a few days before the wedding.

Yes, I know I'm leaving for Italy a full week after the wedding. You have obviously not taken into account that I am coming back to Virginia to work my 4 over night shifts then flying back to Florida 1 day before we leave for Italy.

Yes. I will be a very tired little wifey, probably cranky and all bossy too. (Consider yourself warned, Honey!)
_________________________________________

On the clothing note, I've tried on a few jeans/pants that wouldn't button - well not even remotely comfortably anyway - and they FIT! COMFORTABLY!! Somehow, against all odds, I've actually found a diet that is healthy and working. WOOT! I just wish I had found it sooner! O-well, I'll take what I can get!

Now lets just hope Mom has time to take in my dress this much. Last time I tried it on --um two weeks ago -- it was already loose, I know it's even more so now.
__________________________________________

I've noticed that walking the local park trails is fantastic for the ol' back-end. The hills aren't steep but they are a steady looooong incline. By the time I get to the top, my gluteus maximus is begging for a break. I've never had this experience in Florida - it's so flat there.

(SEE! I told you I would try to say something positive about Virginia!)
______________________________________________

I'm packing up to move in to Sarah's house for the next couple of months and I've decided I've brought entirely too many clothes. I normally don't pack this much but how do you decide what/what not to bring when you 1) are going to be living in two different states for several months, 2) are starting a new job and have no idea what to wear 3) don't understand the weather in the new state and 4) have this wedding/honeymoon thing going on.

I don't think I thought this out very well. No, I know I didn't. I was way to frantic trying to get wedding things done and pack.

I'd take some of it back with me, just to be rid of it and not have to drag it around, but it's already here and it's got to be here sooner or later. Right? The bad thing, by the time we come back from Italy, it should be much warmer here (hope, pray, crossing fingers) and I'll have to bring up some Summer clothes.
_______________________________________________

The final countdown has started. I get married in 10 days. Those of you who have known me for years are probably as confused as I am. I swore, absolutely SWORE, I'd never do this. And here I am - getting hitched.

Actually, I remember a conversation in my high school parking lot with Sarah, Jill and Dana (I think). We always knew Dana would be the first to get married, but Sarah said I'd be next since I was so set against it. HA! Out of the 4 of us - I AM the last one standing!
________________________________________________

The job is still going well and I'm still liking the night shifts. Yes, I am a freak!

2 comments:

Matt Landeen said...

Miss you. Hurry down here so we can get married already (and then go on the honeymoon)! Quit holding your oxen and get down here.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Shop in my closet any time.

10 days!!!