Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Insider Information

The week before last, my supervisor invited Matt and I out for happy hour at a local restaurant with a few of our team-mates. (keep in mind that I am the only woman on this team) During this evening, as I was engrossed in other conversation, I heard an awful lot of laughing coming from Matt and the other men.

Later that evening, Matt informed me that my co-workers were telling him to hold off getting a job for as long as possible. Apparently there is a bet going as to how long Matt can hold out.

What these men don't realize is that I'm completely and totally ok if Matt wants to stay home. I'm not pushing him to get a job. I like coming home to a clean house, laundry done and dinner cooking. Seriously! What woman would not like that? Obviously, a second income would help in many aspects of our lives, but I really like having a house husband. This is kind of cool.

So I won't tell them, every time they ask me if Matt has found a job yet, that I am completely supportive of whatever decision he makes. Especially dinner.

1 comment:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Good call. House husbands rule.