Friday, September 25, 2009

Eviction Notice Served

Dear Stella,

I don't blame you for getting all warm and comfy in "House o' Mama". You have everything you need - food, water, air, warmth, love, shelter - all your basic necessities. I get it, its a pretty sweet setup. At one point in my early existence, I didn't see a reason to leave either as I was 2 weeks late myself. However, you will not get a chance to be late. In fact, you will not get a chance to be on time. Matt and I, along with my doctor, have decided that you can either come out on your own in the next few days or we will be evicting you on Wednesday.

Why you ask? Well, you're getting big and considering the size of your Daddy and the size of your Aunt & Uncles (at birth and currently), it is very likely that you could work your way up to a hefty weight. One day, you will understand that no woman in the world is interested in birthing a big baby. Also, your Mother is completely done with being pregnant (again, something you'll understand later - much later - in life). There is also the convenience of it, which I admit is selfish and unnecessary however, there is something to be said for being able to plan Grandparent visits* and other various life events.

At my last doctors appointment, he 'squished' you so that he could feel where you were and make sure you were still in the correct position. I take it you didn't appreciate it much as you gave him one heck of a kick back (and this wasn't the first time you showed him your disapproval). He chuckled a bit and said "Well, she's solid.", which your Daddy and I have decided is doctor-speak for huge. With that one statement, I became completely comfortable with this decision.

So, little missy, on Wednesday September 30, I will enter the hospital at 7am, and be hooked to an IV containing a drug that will get this whole experience kick started. We will see you later that day and begin the process of getting to know each other and settling in. That is, of course, if I can pry you out of your Father's arms. We're both excited to meet you but he's wearing that silly grin he gets when something makes him really really happy. (You'll get to know this grin very well)

*Your Grandparents will all be here and I'm pretty sure we will have to protect you from your Grandmothers who both have full intentions of kissing and squeezing the skin right off your little body. I apologize to you in advance - they could not love you more if they tried and you will learn to appreciate it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard this wonderful news today via my Mom, who heard it from her Mom (my Grandma Sharon), who heard it from the soon-to-be Grandma Pam! Love it...Grandma Pam! Anyway, I just wanted to say Congrats in advance and Good Luck on Wednesday (or before)! Being a parent is the best thing ever! I can't wait to see pictures of Stella and hear all about how she entered this beautiful world! I hope your L&D go smoothly and as painless as possible! :)

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday! I'll be thinking of you. (All three of mine were induced at 38 weeks, and I wouldn't have been able to stand it another minute. Go YOU.)

Jen said...

So excited for you guys, though more excited for you since you will only be pregnant for a few days more... The light at the end of the tunnel is so very close- just in time for another tunnel that is called Parenthood. Good luck, can't wait to hear!

The Fritz Facts said...

Congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. I will keep you in my prayers.