Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Day Matt Became His Father

Today, we finished painting the shutters on the second floor. It didn't take too long to do but was one of those things that needed to be marked off the list before Stella arrives. About half way through, Matt asks me if we have knee pads anywhere because his knees are right at rung level and are beginning to hurt.

He comes down, goes inside - convinced we have knee pads somewhere. I remained outside when the front door opens suddenly and I see this:


and hear: I knew this day was coming

Me: (???)

Matt: The day I become my Father.


You know those dust masks you can buy at your local hardware store? Yep. That's what he has around his knees. These had just enough padding so he didn't feel the rung of the ladder on his knees. And people, I am ashamed to admit that I allowed him to walk around outside just like this. I'm sure the neighbors are questioning what type of people we are.

Then I realized that one day, Stella is going to see this picture and demand a paternity test because this man just can not be her Father.

Sorry little girl, he's all yours. Learn to deal with it.

4 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

He went outside like that?

The Fritz Facts said...

oh man...that is funny and so wrong at the same time. lol

Anonymous said...

I'm really offended! I don't remember EVER wearing dust masks on my knees. Matt's on his own this time!

I love you guys anyway! Dad L 0:)

Lumpyheadsmom said...

I kind of want to draw eyes right above his kneecaps.