Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bridesmaids Dresses. Check!

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent royal blue dress? One that won't make the girls look too risqué or like a sequined/bedazzled peacock. I'll tell you right now, not easy. Add trying to find something they could wear again that won't cost them a fortune and it's virtually impossible. At least that's how I felt. It made for a very long day for me.

It doesn't help that I'm not a shopper or that I'm thrifty. Ok, I'm cheap. I'm easily frustrated and bored with shopping and the prices stores want for a small piece of fabric – FREAK ME OUT! I'm the type that goes shopping when I need something and then I like to find it (at a decent price, of course) and get out!

Anyway, Sarah was in town and we planned a shopping date to search for the perfect dress for her and Reba. We went to David's Bridal and 2 separate malls. We found 1). cute dresses in all the wrong colors, 2). horrid dresses in even worse colors, 3). funny dresses at hysterical, if not frightening, prices, 4) dresses made for people who have never taken a bite of food in their lives and 5). hooker dresses.

Finally, the last store we decided to try before leaving had a pretty decent selection of dresses in the right color and acceptable prices. I found two dresses fairly quickly that I wanted Sarah to try on. I liked the first one, it looked good on her, but didn't make me go "OOOOoooooo." The second one, which I was less sure about when I found it on the rack, I LOVED on Sarah and knew immediately that Reba would like it and look good in it too. AND it was on sale, 40% off.

The more I look at it, the more I'm loving it. It's perfect.

Good thing I don't have to shop for my dress.I would be one under-dressed bride. (THANKS MOM!) I've had enough shopping to last me a loooooooooong time. And no, I don't want to talk about the Christmas shopping I have yet to start.

(Detail of the eyelet embroidering on the straps, around the waist and at the bottom of the dress.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and it looks even better on.