Saturday, November 17, 2007

Introducing...

REBA
aka: Freebird, Bee-bee.

This is my sister. My little sister. Yes, she’s taller than I – I don’t want to talk about it. There seems to be a “taller than the older sister epidemic” in my family. Just keep watching, you’ll see.

Anyway, there is a 10 year age difference between the two of us. She will be 25 on our wedding day. Remember that age, 25? Yeh, I miss it sometimes too. I liked that age, just old enough to know better and still too young to care.

She was a cute little baby, then she turned into this kid-thing when I was a teenager. I didn’t like her so well. She was always into my things. Poking around, slobbering on things, rubbing sticky candy hands on my stuff, ripping the ribbon out of my cassette tapes. She loooooooooved that “zszszszszszszszszszszsz” sound it made as it went flying off the wheel of the cassette rollers. No, she was NOT a likeable creature and I was pretty sure she was here to torture me.

Then, after all that, she had the audacity to turn into a teenager as I entered into my mid-twenties. Can I say it enough? ICK! She was pure teenager. She was mouthy with a horrible attitude, messy, snotty, wanted everything her way, and her decision-making – well, it wasn’t good. That is all I will discuss about that age. Although, at this point in time, I was absolutely positive that she was here to torture me.

Along the way of leaving teenager-ness in all its glory, she grew up and somehow we became friends. Yes, I like her. Mom used to always tell me that one day - one day, I would like her and we would be friends. She warned me that this day would come. I did not believe it, and if my Mother were to ask you how I feel about my sister, I expect you to say nothing. I will categorically deny liking her. Because, well, I can’t admit that my Mother was right after all these years now, can I? Yes, it’s true. I can’t imagine what my life would be like without her. Her laugh is infectious and she looooves to laugh. She has a heart of gold. She constantly twirls her hair when she’s floating off into her own thoughts, (also known as “Lalalalalalalalalalala - land”). She’s always good for a funny story, a great hug and sometimes I even let her give me advice. I’m proud of her – for the person she has become and the person she is trying to be. I’m honored to have her as my Maid of Honor, my sister and my friend. But...Do you see what I'm dealing with here? Say it with me people, T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

1 comment:

Reba said...

I LOVED that zszszszszs sound!! I liked the puff paints too. You know, the ones that you kept in that shoebox. There was plenty in your room to smear that stuff on too. Pretty colors.

Somehow I let myself think you forgot about putting that pic on your blog and I forgot you had those other "Kodak moments". I look like a perfect lady in all of them. (heavy sarcasm...)