Monday, March 3, 2008

OOoooo, That Smell...

...that wonderful new car smell.
I did a wonderfully naughty thing today.
Squeeeek!

I am visiting my parents in south Florida for a few days before I go off to Virginia. Just hanging out, causing trouble and working on the wedding dress. Since I'm here, I took my car into the dealership my Dad works at (where I bought my car) and had them run a complete diagnostic on it before I hit the road. Just to be sure.

Here's where the SQUEEEEK comes in - I bought Matt a new car while I was there. Yup. Apparently, you can't leave me alone on a car lot with knowledge of the deals I can get because of my Dad. Granted, this isn't an unexpected purchase. We had planned on getting him a new car before he moves up to Virginia in July and had even made a trip down last month so he could sit in all the cars and pick out what he wanted.

Anyway, while at lunch, I asked my Dad when would be a good time to get serious about buying and he told me the deals I could get now versus the deals he knows are coming in the next few months. When we got back from lunch, we looked around the lot for the color/option package Matt wanted. He didn't have anything on the lot, but we found it at another dealership. My Dad worked the numbers and I gave him the thumbs up! Obviously, now is a much better time for me to buy.

Matt and I will be driving down this coming weekend to pick up his new car.

A Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, all pretty, shiny and new. I'm just a touch jealous I think. I LOVE new cars and mine is so 2 years ago. I'm going to have to get me a new one too.

(Kidding, kidding, kidding - kind of.)

Oh, and the coolest part - we are considering giving John, my 16 year old brother, Matt's current car. We don't think we'd get much for it as a trade-in and it would be perfect for a young man to tool around town in. We're going to let the dealership look it over first and see if we can get anything reasonable for it. If not, then it's going to John - after the shop checks it out to make sure it doesn't need any major work. He's going to fall over himself - I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap that's funny. Next time you go down there, can you buy me a new car too?!!? That's awesome. I'll be happy to babysit it while Matt is in Vegas...

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Pretty!