Friday, July 4, 2008

Down the Home Stretch

Only a week and half until I fly home and visit with my friends and family. It is also the time when our household,the Kitty Empire, Matt and I pick up and move to our new home, 900 miles away. We will be driving up with 4 cats and the two of us in Matt's car - straight through. Huh...we should all look something like this
As I mentioned before, Matt is no longer employed and thought he would be bored out of his skull for 2 weeks. HA~! He should have known better. I've given him a list of things that need to be done and picked up. He's been running everyday so far. There is all sorts of things that need to be done for us to be ready to go. I fully expect to be worn out when we get here and I've got to work the next day! He will be busy waiting for the movers to arrive with our household and looking for a job.
Now, I have a question for you guys. If you were a first time home buyer again and had 6 months to find a home. Would you look into a townhome or a detached single family? Or, if you've had a townhome, did you like it? Anything I should be looking for? I'm slowly convincing Matt that we should at least consider a townhome. They are very nice here and detached homes tend to be very expensive while townhomes are much more affordable for people like us - just starting out. I don't know what is the right choice for us, but six months will come and go quickly - so we've got to start thinking about it and looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you know, we have a townhouse. And LOVE it- no lawn work, no house painting (as they should be included in your HOA). If it's built/insulated properly, you won't hear neighbors either. The biggest thing to me about a townhouse to ask about is HOA dues- how much per month, what does it include/pay for. Corey could give you much more detail, but a townhome, for your first house is a great idea.