Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh Say Can You See

Matt and I have planned a weekend away this weekend. It's not very far away, but its a chance to detach from the house, the cats, work and responsibilities for a couple of days and enjoy each others' company without feeling guilty for not working on the house and before Stella makes her arrival.

Where are we going you ask? Washington DC.

Don't we live just outside of DC? Why yes, yes we do.

Um? Yes, I know - but we never go to DC. We always talk about it but never do.



This year, after hearing so much about the awesome fireworks show, I decided (completely spontaneously last weekend***) that we were going to get a hotel room in downtown DC for Friday & Saturday nights and enjoy ourselves. We're not making any plans, schedules or reservations. Our only goal is to watch fireworks, enjoy ourselves and relax with each other. However, if you have any suggestions of things we should see or restaurants we just have to try, please feel free to let us know about it.

I'm ready for the weekend. Now if only I could have a beer. Or three.

***My Mom works for Marriott and I get family discounts. When I made the call, I thought for sure they would be completely booked and my spontaneous plans would be dashed. I was pleasantly surprised.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just completely so happy that you're having a baby. Now we'll ALL know what we put our mothers through! I love you & good luck!
From me,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Have a great and relaxing time! You 2 deserve it!

Love, Dad L

Lumpyheadsmom said...

What a fabulous idea. Hope you had a great time.