Wednesday, July 15, 2009

On Class

No, don't be silly. I'm not trying to be classy or more refined, I gave up on that years ago.

What I'm talking about are those classes you are offered in your third trimester by the hospital. Like childbirth, baby care and breastfeeding classes. I realize we're all going to have different experiences and needs as well as "educational levels" - if there is such a thing - when it comes to baby stuff but what were your experiences with them? Are they worth the money and time?

3 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

The hospital tour is worth your time. I'm not so sure about the other things.

Becky said...

Worth it for the joy of laughing at people who take things WAY too seriously (my husband and I giggled the entire time - we weren't fan favorites), but other than that, not so much. If you do one, take the one-day class and not the "let's-spread-the-joy-over-two-months-and-get-to-know-all-the-other-mommies" crap.

Unknown said...

I agree, the hospital tour is nice. The breastfeeding class was fairly educational. Our hospital's teaching staff forgot the class on breathing (that, to me, was the most important part), so I winged it. The nurse helped me with breathing and I got through it. So if you have to pay for it, it might not be worth it. You can probably read up on everything online.