Friday, July 24, 2009

Crying Uncle

Remember the post where I said "I never know what part of my body is going to ache"? Now remember the post where I mentioned my flat feet?

Yeh - I know what part of me is going to ache consistently now. Maybe ache is not the correct word - extreme pain may be a better description. I've had a toothache that didn't hurt as bad as my feet hurt at the end of the day.


I've been hell-bent during this pregnancy to remain as active as I physically can. I think it is very important to my health - physical, mental and emotional. This is especially true at work. I don't like to be stuck at my desk. (Borrrrr-ing) I don't like to feel like I can't do my job, or that anyone needs to pick up tasks that I can't or haven't done. Sure, there are co-workers that can easily step in and help but we all have very full plates and do our best to just keep up. I don't wish to lay any extra work on anyone until I absolutely have to. I prefer to be "business as usual" for as long as I possibly can.

The past few weeks at work have been brutal. This past week in particular. Its been non-stop which I would normally welcome as it makes for a quick work week however this past week felt a lot like forever. I typically work 10-12 hour days of which usually half of 2 or 3 days are spent on my feet. Except this past week where I can say most of every day has found me standing or running from one spot to the next.

Friday was the worst! By the time I made it back to my desk to tidy up, shoot off a few emails and make a few phone calls, I knew my feet were going to be a problem. The thought of walking from my desk to my car made me want to cry. Along with the horrible foot pain, my feet and hands are beginning to swell, my breathing is becoming more difficult and the constant headaches are back - new and improved. (I now feel like the right side of my head is on fire - BONUS!) I know now that it will not be long before I have to slow down.

Will it be this week? Probably not. I will just continue to whine to my cube-mate (poor guy, he has to deal with me everyday. He may be a Saint. Thanks and sorry Ben) Based on the pages and calls I've recieved this weekend, I've got another rough week ahead of me. I actually look forward to it - oddly. I like the pressure, it's a strange drug for me, but its coming. Sooner or later, I will be crying uncle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I'm SOO sorry! What have you tried? Have you tried soaking in Epsom Salts? Have you tried some topical pain relief(after talking to your Dr. of course.) There are some good ones out there, Bio-Freeze, or Asper creme for example, but I'm not sure what the OB/Gyn will say. The swelling is another thing of course. Can you put your feet up a small portion of your working day? I know you hate to be dependant on anyone else, but you may need to share the load for a little while. Can we do anything for you? We love you guys (all 3 of you) Mom L

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Your body tells you what it needs, and it may be telling you to start taking it easy. Sending you good (and relaxing) thoughts. . .