Sunday, December 2, 2007

Jealous?


(respectively: Naples, Italy - Colosseum, Rome, Italy - Santorini, Greece )
Guess where we’re going on the Honeymoon. C’mon, guess!

At first, Matt and I considered a Hawaiian Honeymoon or a week away someplace close to home like St. Augustine, FL or even somewhere in North Carolina, etc. After careful thought, I decided since this is our honeymoon, the world should be ours. I was NOT going to stay in the US and he wasn’t hard to convince. So we searched and came upon this.

I know! Doesn’t it look fabulous?! I can’t wait! I can’t, I can’t, I can’t!

Those of you who know me are probably wondering what I am thinking. A Cruise? Yeh, I know. Matt was concerned too. It’s true I’ve gotten restless and cabin feverish on any cruise I’ve been on in the past. (On the last cruise, I told Matt I was going to swim home. Matt threatened to help me with that if I didn’t sit down and relax) But, those were 4 day cruises that spent 2.5 days at sea. I got horribly bored. There is only so much to do on a cruise ship and I can promise you that I will NOT be meeting “Jenny on the Lido deck" to do some line dancing. Not my thing.

This cruise looks like we can use it as a floating hotel/restaurant. I’m really curious to see how I will handle it. I’m thinking that we will be so exhausted from exploring the port of call that day that we will want nothing more than to come back to the ship, shower, eat dinner, maybe have a few drinks and then pass out excitedly looking forward to the next day and a different port. I’m hoping too, the one day ‘at sea’ will also be a welcomed rest. Either way, I am resigned to fully enjoy this vacation.

We plan on flying out a few days before the cruise embarkation date to have time to explore Rome. We are staying at a quaint little hotel in the center of Rome, just a few miles away from everything neat and cool. We also plan on staying a few days in Venice after the cruise ends.

I’m sure we’ll be pooped when we come back, but after we recover, we will post our own pictures and hopefully some exciting tales of our curious adventures. I'm hoping we see and capture half the beauty that you see in these pictures here. (Matt wants to capture all of the beauty. He's so greedy!)

1 comment:

Reba said...

So when do we leave?