Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From the Mouths of Husbands

Lately, Matt has made some comments that I feel necessary to share. Both are related to my pregnancy and made me laugh. I hope you get a chuckle out of them as well.

#1:
(As I grow bigger, I'm beginning to realize why pregnant women are always touching their stomachs. Aside from the kicking (of which I think I've just begun to experience), this is the hardest my stomach has ever been. It feels weird).

Me: (poking at my tummy) Huh. This feels weird. Its hard, like one of those rubber balls that kids play with in the grocery store. Come feel it.
Matt: (pressing on my tummy) Yeh, it's because you've got a bunch of water and stuff in there.
Me: And stuff? Your unborn child is STUFF?

#2:
(As I'm passing him in the kitchen)

"It's a good thing you're pregnant, you'd look funny with a beer belly"

It's a damn good thing I love him.