Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thoughts on Pregnancy, so far

As I said, I learned I was pregnant on January 26th. I found out early - real early, like barely pregnant early. Call it a hunch and just happened to have an EPT on hand early.

I have a few girlfriends that have children and I come from a large family so I have a clue about pregnancy, what can happen or not. I won't even begin to complain after seeing what some of my friends have been through, I know I'm lucky. My nausea was morning only and lasted all of four days, the blinding exhaustion the first few months was nothing like I have ever experienced (but hey, I wasn't puking!), I'm out of breath a lot and I'm still dealing with the daily headaches although they seem to be letting up a bit. All said, I think I've gotten off pretty easy - so far.

I am currently 18.5 weeks pregnant. Almost half way and up until the weekend before last, my normal clothes still fit. They had begun to get a bit snug but, meh, nothing I couldn't work with. Then! "I popped"! And I do mean popped. I had heard of this phenomenon. I understood the concept. Or at least I thought I did. However I had no clue that I would go to bed one Saturday evening after wearing my normal clothes all day to waking up Sunday morning desperately needing to go shopping for clothes that fit.

So I ask you, where did this come from? I have to admit, I like this picture, it makes my tummy look much smaller than it is and my face looks skinny! (Good job honey. Thanks!)

I have found one fantastic thing about pregnancy that I never would have ever guessed. The best feeling in the whole world is to scratch my tummy when I change out of my work clothes. Oh sweet heaven!

Oh and all you girls that got those, uhhh, "nice" dreams - you know the ones with George Clooney or Brad Pitt or your neighbors husband, your husband, clowns, mimes...whatever - wish some my way. I've been having horrid vivid nightmares for the past couple of months. I've never really remembered any of my dreams, but these are sticking with me and I could use something, ummm, "fun".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look beautiful to us! Glad you're feeling better.

We're looking forward to seeing you 3 in June!

Dad and Mom L

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

You look beautiful to me too.

And you totally DID pop. It must have been the day after we saw you because you could not see Spawn at all when we were over there.

I don't care what anyone says. Maternity clothes rule, and besides getting the kid (or kids in my case) out of it, the best part of pregnancy is not ever having to suck it in.

Well, I guess the kicking is pretty cool too. Unless you are trying to sleep.

Reba said...

Funny you mention your face. Mom and I were just talking about how you look 16 in the face here. Mom put it on her sew-chine.

Talk to you later, love you,

Freebird