Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Karate Kick

Dear Stella,

It's amazing how you have gone from being quiet and unnoticed (aside from my expanding belly) to training for the Olympics. HOLY KICK! I had heard that I would initially feel you as a flutter, like butterflies. Either I missed it or you went straight for the karate kick. Considering you have half my genetic code, you probably went straight for the kick. If this is any indication of our future relationship, and you have truly taken after me, you madam, are grounded. Call it a preemptive grounding and I'm beginning the "ruining of your life" early. You and I have a long way to go and whether you know it or not, you have plenty to time to train for the Olympics, now is not it.

Love,
Mama

P.S. You should really let your Daddy feel you kick sometime. Every time he puts his hand on my belly, you stop moving. I'm sure some people would say he has a calming effect on you. I think you're just being a little stinker already. I'm on to you little girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you 2 chose her lovely name meaning "star of the sea", Stella is just practicing her leg kicks for her career in swimming (or perhaps soccer)!

Love you guys, Dad L

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

She is already messing with her Dad.

The first time Claudia deigned to let Gabe feel her kick he promised her a pony.

Here is hoping Matt can show more self control than his friend over here.