Monday, May 4, 2009

So We Meet Again

Huh? Oh. Hi! I know, it has been quite a while since we've last spoken. I've missed you too. It's just been so crazy lately.

Lets catch up, shall we? I'll start.

1. When we last spoke, Matt and I had just bought a 3-level townhome. I'm happy to say we are darn near fully settled in. Home improvements are nearing completion and have been very time consuming. Yes, I have been taking before and after pictures however...

2. ...my laptop died. My new laptop died. Nope. Not kidding. I've spent a large portion of my free time trying to correct what the VISTA update destroyed with no luck. I've had to ship my laptop off to Gateway to repair it. Needless to say, I've lost all 'pre pictures that were on it. Descriptions will have to suffice.

3. Work keeps my insanely busy. Really. It's a madhouse.

4. Finally, the most shocking and exciting news of all, on January 26th I learned that I am pregnant with our first child. Needless to say, this has put a whole new spin on "got to get the house ready as soon as possible". Obviously, this is including setting up a nursery and gathering baby gear. I'm weary already.

So lets recap - bought house, got pregnant, killed laptop, work is trying to kill me. All in three months. It's got to be some type of record.

So whats new with you? Anything exciting?

Again, I apologize for my extended absence but, I am back and have lots of stories to share - including pictures.

3 comments:

Lumpyheadsmom said...

Holy CRAP! Congratulations! (on the baby thing, not the dead laptop thing. Condolences on that)

Can't wait to see the home improvements. Did you do the work yourselves?

Delora said...

Welcome back, and congratulations! Hopefully by this point you're past the first trimester tribulations (polite way of saying you're done puking).

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I already knew all of these things but somehow reading them all in a list like that makes my head spin anyway.