Monday, January 21, 2008

And…We’re Back!

Matt and I flew home yesterday. We left “feels like” 11 degrees in DC for 54 degrees in FL. As far as I’m concerned, that is a perfectly acceptable exchange. Right?

It snowed Thursday and it TOUCHED ME! It was a close call, but I survived. I haven’t seen snow in years and it was exactly what I remembered, beautiful when it’s falling and new then quickly turns to a slick, muddy and yucky mess. Friday, Matt and I visited Arlington Cemetery. I never realized how big that place really is. The pictures we’ve all seen just don’t do it justice. I also learned that the absolute, hands down, worse thing about living up North is an OHMIGAWD cold toilet seat at 4am. YOWZA!

Anyway, we had a good time visiting with Sarah and her family – despite the toilet seat temperature. We stayed up late, caught up, played games, drank a lot of beer and ate some good food. Just my type of vacation!

As for Daddy, he’s still in the hospital being all cranky. He was supposed to be released Friday, and then Sunday and then, well, he’s still there. He’s better, but not as well as I would hope at this point in time. Thank you for your well wishes and warm thoughts – please keep them coming.

So, what has happened while I was away, anything good? I’ve got some blog reading to catch up on and a few posts in the works. We’ll catch up soon, I promise!

**Update: Daddy came home later this afternoon and is doing much better. He can wobble around on his knee a little bit, his white blood cell count has stablized (which means his antibiotics are working this time and he's getting better) and his pneumonia is slowly going away. He still has 6 weeks worth of IV antibiotics (at home) to go through, and of course, they will have to remove the pic line when it's all done, but after all he's been through (knee surgery, drain tubes in/out of his knee, IV's in and out, not being able to walk, inserting the pic line for the home IVs, and being just plain miserable) that should be cake.
Welcome home, Pa, I love you!

No comments: