Friday, January 4, 2008

Rehearsal Dinner, Check!

Matt and I wanted something casual and cheap for our rehearsal dinner. Frankly, I’m only getting all fancied up one day and that’s going to be my wedding day. So, jeans and T’s it is on the day before. Plus, I’m all about comfort and just having a good time with good people.

We considered having it at the wedding site, but felt that it was too costly and we would only be able to invite about 15 people. We perused restaurants around town, but still couldn’t find anything we liked or could afford or were in the same area of town. I was getting irritated with it (as usual) when Matt’s Mom came up with a great idea.

Pizza and beer! (She knows us so well.)

How could that go wrong? Who doesn’t like that?
Then we decided that his Mom and I will make a huge salad, and those wonderful stuffed strawberry thingies she makes. (If you haven’t had them, I feel very, very sorry for you!) We got everything planned, but the fact remained we still didn’t have a place to throw this shin-dig. Then it dawned on me. My very good friend, Leott (seen below planting a kiss on my cheek), has a house on over an acre just a few miles from the wedding site. So, I shot an email to her to see if we could use her yard. Her response? (I quote)

“You absolutely MUST use my yard!!!! Yeah Party!!!!”

A huge cooler full of beer and wine, pizza, rent a few table and chairs, some table cloths and maybe string up some white lights as an added touch. Just our style. Got to love the woman that will let a friend bring a boat load of people over to wreak havoc on her yard!

No comments: