Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vacation Funnies

Our first night in DC, Matt and I ate dinner at a cute little Italian restaurant in Crystal City. We had just left the restaurant and were walking down the street when a lady approached us and asked us if we knew if Jeep lights went off automatically. Matt appropriately answered, “No” and I answered (here it comes), “We don’t know, we aren’t from here”.

Yeh.
Sigh.

Apparently, I wasn’t listening - again. I ‘heard’ her ask if we knew if the street lights (thinking the cross/don’t cross lights) went off automatically. If that had been what she asked, my answer would have been completely acceptable. Matt just looked at me funny…and started laughing. I'm sure this lady thought I was insane, but I have an excuse. Being from Florida, I hadn't been that cold in a very long time and I'm pretty sure all cognitive brain functions were frozen solid.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.



No comments: