Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Goodnight Sweetheart, Goodnight

Tonight, I will do my best to stay up as late as I possibly can. Tomorrow evening I start my first 12 hour night shift. I'm looking forward to it and a bit hesitant at the same time. I'm finally going to start learning my job and getting my "hands dirty", but HOLY! 12 hours over night. I start my shift at 6:30pm and get off at 7am - hopefully I won't fall asleep on the job.

On the upside, I leave Saturday morning (immediately after my 12 hour shift) for HOME! Warm, toasty, humid, air not so thin home. I'm so looking forward to being warm again. I have never hurt so bad for so long in all my life. My hands stay cold and blue and just barely bending my knuckles is extremely painful - stupid Raynauds. And my lower back is stiff and cranky. Sigh. I really hope I like this job, I'm not digging the weather so far.

Of course, I can't wait to see Matt. I miss him so much - and the Critter Crew. I never realized how much I'd miss just having him around to pester, pick on and giggle with. The plan is to pick up my dress from the cleaners on Saturday afternoon and drive straight to Ft. Myers so my Mother can finish working on it (just minor touch ups). We will stay overnight and leave Sunday afternoon for an evening meeting with the wedding coordinator and owner of the wedding site. We will have dinner with Matts parents on Monday and I will be back on a plan Tuesday evening. Yes, it will be a very busy few days, but I'll be home and warm.

Virginia isn't all bad, I've enjoyed my early evening walks through the parks here. It's a change of scenary and a bit more challenging with the hills. I've learned to bundle up with gloves and a hat, especially when the wind is whipping around (with the sole intention of making me miserable) and I'm even becoming accustomed to the strange looks I get from the natives. Apparently, they think this is Spring-time and are out running the trails in shorts and short-sleeve shirts. Nutcases! This morning, the weather man said 30 degrees - that does NOT feel very Springy to me.

Anyway, I have no idea when I'll be coherent again, so if you don't hear from me for a while, I'll either be sleeping or wandering around in a zombie like state. Just prop me in a corner if you find me fallen over someplace.

No comments: