Monday, March 31, 2008

Morning! or Evening!....Afternoon?

Hello world!

I'm awake. I'm even functioning.

The night shifts aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Actually, they've turned out to be a good thing. Nights are slower and the techs that I am working with have time to train me on the machines that will eventually be 'mine'. They call me their engineer - which I think is funny - but it is exactly what I am. I will be (after they finish stuffing my brain with stuff) their engineer.

The worst part about the night shift is not feeling like there is a break between the times that I have to go back to work. I work 12 hours, go home and go directly to bed, then I get up with just enough time to eat dinner, shower, dress and get out the door for another shift. The upside, 3 or 4 days off (depending on the week) in a row. Which is why I'm in Florida, dethawing, right now.

I shouldn't complain so much about Virginia. I know, without a doubt, that this was the right decision and we will adjust to the differences between the two states. I'm just so home sick. It would be so much easier if Matt was able to come up with me, but again, him staying here was also the right decision. Actually, it was the only decision - this is the way it has to be right now. I promise, once I and we get settled, I won't be so fussy.

Actually, I'm going to do my very best to be more positive about this whole thing from this moment on. Not only for your sakes, but for my peace of mind - and for Matt. Poor thing - he has to put up with me more than you guys do!

And did I tell you? We get married in 3 weeks. 3! Three! Tres!
HOLY FRIED GREEN TOMATOES, BATMAN!!!
It seems like just yesterday we were talking about cakes and such.

Lately, a lot of people are asking both of us if we're getting nervous and no, we're not. We feel the same about this now as we did 9 months ago. It's time and it's right. If we were nervous about this, we wouldn't be doing it. We've been together for so long - I can't imagine any real change. And yes, I know, everyone says it's SO different. I'll let you know what I think about the differences when we get there!

That's it for now. I'm going out to enjoy the warm, sunny Florida weather while I'm here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not different. Until you have kids, anyway.