Saturday, June 7, 2008

Good News!

After much flight drama (delay, cancellation, delay, new flight, etc) in Atlanta, Matt is finally on a flight and heading my way. I thought for sure he was going to be stranded in Atlanta. He will be here for a week and we will be looking at apartments. I'm sure Sarah and Gabe will want their downstairs room back eventually and as much as I really really really really appreciate their hospitality and willingness to share their home with me, it will be nice to settle into our own place. Even though we are planning on buying a house in the next 6 months or so and won't be able to really settle in - it will still be nice to be in our own spot.

Also, I bought a new laptop so that I can post more often. (and No, I did not pay that much for it, I got it on sale) They had run out of them at the store here so I had Matt check the store in Florida. He bought it down there and is bringing it up with him. I'm such a geek! I'm just as excited about the new computer as I am about seeing Matt again. I love new techie toys! They make me all giggly. Yes, I know it isn't a MAC but it's really all I need. As much as I like MACs, I don't need all that. Matt will be needing one soon enough and we will be a PC/MAC family. One really expensive computer is all we really need.

Finally, the last bit of good news. I received a mini-review from my boss at work yesterday. We have a full-review/bonus every 6 months but, he likes to let us know how we're doing along the way so we're not surprised and have time to turn a possible bad review around. Anyway, I felt all warm and fuzzy. Apparently, I'm doing the right things and I'm on the right track. It was nice to get that kind of feedback so early on. At least I only feel like a train wreck and not actually being one. It's been 3 weeks now that I've actually been doing my job and I'm feeling like I may be "getting it", slowly. I still have a HUGE amount to learn but at least they think I'm getting there.

GO ME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! When we dropped Matt off at 7 this AM, we had no idea that it would take him all day to get there! Hope all is well now.

Congratulations on your review - we knew you could do it!

How could they not love you - WE do!

Happy hunting for an apartment!

Anonymous said...

When you settle on a place, let me know... corey and I have a special housewarming gift to send you... :) hee hee hee.