Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tid-bits #3

Realization of the Year

So, after a year of planning, preparing and stressing out for a wedding - suddenly it's done. I've come to realize that no one tells you what to do afterwards. How to go back to normal. I've felt like, "What now?" for a month now. I still feel like I should be looking at wedding stuff in the stores, searching websites, making lists and phone calls. I caught Matt looking at wedding stuff the other day too. Suddenly, it's just back to normal life and it feels kind of weird for us. Huh - who knew?


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wedding Night Funny

Matt and I had no intention of being anywhere near sober on our wedding night and I'm happy to announce that is a goal we fully met. As many of you know, we went to our favorite pub after the reception with a few friends and family in a party bus. We drank ourselves silly and hopped back on the bus for the hotel. Matt and his brother wandered off to find food at ridiculous hour o' clock and I found my way to our room. I showered** and plopped into bed. Later, Matt came in and I was woken to giggling. Loud giggling. In my drunken, half awake stupor I asked him what was so blessed funny.

Matt: (giggle) Today, (giggle) you nupted with me. (giggle giggle)
Me: Get into bed and go to sleep, you freak.
Matt: Love you
Me: I love you too.
Us: Sigh..........

**I should mention the number of bobby pins that was holding my hair up. HOLY! I seriously thought I would be standing there for the rest of the night pulling those out. Thanks Karen. I have a "few" extra if you run out and need them back, just call!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Stupid People

I took my car into the shop for a check up and oil change. As I'm still learning the roads here in Northern Virginia, I thought I had gotten lost so I called the dealership for directions. (makes sense, right?) The nice lady answered the phone and said her shpeel that ended in "how may I help you?"

Me: Yes. Hi. I'm trying to find you.
Her: ME?!?! (alarmed and confused)
Me: No.
Her: (confused silence)........
Me: The dealership.
Her: OH!

2 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I love that last one.

"Yes, I am looking for YOU."

Anonymous said...

So are the two asterisks after the part where you showered on the wedding night funny meaningful? Or just a placeholder for a funny comment later?