Sunday, June 8, 2008

News and such

Matt finally landed yesterday afternoon and all is well. I am so happy to have him here. I miss him greatly. Thank goodness for my friends, Sarah and Gabe, who I would be lost without right now.

Today, Matt and I went apartment hunting and what luck we had! We visited several places that were all perfectly acceptable but, I had to keep searching for the biggest bang for our bucks. We came upon a place that had a couple hundred extra square feet for a bit cheaper and (BONUS!) just a couple of miles from my office. As well all know, this will save quite a few pennies in gas money. We are going to sign a 6 month lease and hope that Matt will find a job soon so that we can house hunt more seriously. I'll let you know how that goes. It will be tight on only my salary but if we watch our pennies carefully, we should make it. (and I'm goooooooood with pennies!)

Also, I've begun (sloooooooooooooowly) to add pictures to our Flickr site. Flickr is kind of like a picture blog. If you look in the left hand side-bar of this blog, you'll see a big blue box with some pictures in it. Click on any picture and it will take you to our picture site. I will, again slooooooooooooowly, be adding pictures from the wedding, honeymoon and our life and adventures moving to and living in Virginia on this site. Feel free to wander through it. I've only just begun to add pictures to this site so there are only a few up. I'll let you know when I've put up a significant amount.

And, if you haven't noticed, this is my second post in as many days. Do you know what that means? Yup. I got my new laptop. Happy girl. Happy happy girl. It's funny. I may not use or even turn on this thing all the time but, not having it at my finger tips is like torture to me. I must really be a technology junkie. Sigh....lets see. I have a chemical engineering degree, I love to read AND I love techie-toys...Yep. Sounds like screaming dweeb to me. Meh. I'm ok with that. Call me what you will, I'm happy.


We also received some very sad news today. Matt's childhood friend, Todd, was in a head-on accident a few days ago. Todd is a close friend of Matt and Adam from their childhood in Minnesota. He's holding on and fighting. Please keep him in your thoughts. His family has set up a website to keep friends and family posted, please visit and send warm fuzzies his way. I'm sure, at this difficult time, he and his family could use all the support they can get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you don't profess your love to all things Star Trek, your obsession with your new computer is ok. (Seriously, the guy in the cube next to me has a full size cardboard cutout of Mr. Spock, and his ringer on his office phone is "Kirk to Enterprise").

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I said it before and I'll say it again. We would keep you and Matt indefinitely if it didn't mean having six cats in the house.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You kids are lucky to have choices! I'm glad you found something nice. George is fine, really makes himself at home. He woke me up at 5 AM yesterday throwing hangers down from the top shelf of our bedroom closet. Today it was a paw on my back and a meow "time to get up now and feed me", I think.
Such a shame about Todd. Very many broken bones and very serious, but thank God, no head injuries.
We miss you guys already.
All our love!